is committed to mitigate the impacts of its operation on the environment, on the health and safety of its employees, and on the use of energy, through the implementation of a Health, Safety, Environmental and Energy Management System, in accordance with ISO 45001:2018, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 50001:2018
standards during study, design, construction, maintenance and operation of all its projects and installations.
In addition, TERNA SA
- To comply with all applicable legal and other requirements, to ensure the protection of the environment, the health and safety of its employees and the improvement of the energy performance of its operation.
- To identify and evaluate the environmental aspects of its activities.
- To define and review the objectives set for health, safety, environmental and energy management.
- To identify the hazards and minimize the risks to all personnel by taking appropriate proactive measures.
- To prevent injuries, illnesses, pandemics, and emergency incidents could be caused by its activities and operation.
- To prevent and control work-related violence and all forms of harassment and violent incidents that occur during work, whether related to it or resulting from it.
- To ensure the necessary resources to achieve environmental and energy goals as well as those concerning the health and safety of its employees.
- To provide appropriate training to its personnel regarding health, safety, and environmental issues.
- To protect the environment and flora and fauna, to reduce the amount of waste produced and to ensure that the produced waste is handled and disposed of in an environmentally friendly manner.
- To save natural resources through reuse and recycle, to purchase recycled materials and to use recycled packaging.
- To support the supply of energy efficient products and services that affect energy performance.
- To use energy in an efficient way throughout its operations.
- To protect its personnel and the social environment where operates, by adopting safe technologies and operational procedures.
- To support design activities that consider energy efficiency improvement.
- To protect the antiquities, the cultural heritage, by adopting environmental-friendly methods and technologies.
- To cooperate with Environmental Competent Bodies and Services towards the protection of the environment.
- To continuously improve its Health, Safety, Environmental and Energy Management System.
Top Management believes that the protection of the environment, the health and safety of its personnel, and the responsible use of energy concerns ALL of us and constitutes a collective endeavor.
HEALTH, SAFETY, ENVIRONMENTAL & ENERGY POLICY