TERNA commits to reducing the impact of its operations on the environment, by adopting the International Standard ISO 14001:2004. Having aknowledged that the company itself can be a source of pollution and hazardous waste production, we commit to:
- Meeting all applicable legislative and regulatory requirements in order to assure environment protection.
- Indentifying and evaluating all environmental aspects of the company's services.
- Providing appropriate training to our employees to increase environmental awareness.
- Minimizing the amount and toxicity of waste generated and ensuring the safe treatment and disposal of waste.
- Conserving natural resources by recycling and reusing materials, purchasing recycled materials, and using recyclable packaging.
- Ensuring the responsible use of energy throughout our business.
- Minimizing risk and protecting our employees and the community in which we operate by employing safe technologies and operating procedures in both routine and emergency conditions.
- Protecting the ancient monuments, the cultural heritage and the flora – fauna of the ecosystem by adopting eco-friendly methods and technologies.
- Communicating our commitment to and reinforcing the importance of environmental protection to our employees, vendors, customers and the community in which we operate.
- Working together with NGOs and other bodies to ensure environmental protection.
- Continuously improving of Company’s Environmental Management System.
It is a firm belief of the company's management that the protection of the environment is everybody’s responsibility, and is committed to applying all available means, processes and management systems that help minimize the company's environmental impact and optimize all positive environmental aspects.