TERNA SA is committed to mitigate the impacts of its activities to the environment and health and safety of its employees, through the implementation of a Health, Safety and Environmental Management System, in accordance with ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018 standards during study, design, construction, maintenance and operation of all its projects and installations.
TERNA SA commits to:
- Comply with all applicable legal and other requirements, in order to ensure the protection of the environment and the health and safety of its personnel.
- Protect the environment, to identify and evaluate the environmental aspects of its activities and services.
- Identify the hazards and minimize the risks to all personnel by taking appropriate proactive measures.
- Prevent injuries, illnesses and emergency incidents that could be caused by its activities and operation.
- Provide appropriate training to its personnel regarding health, safety and environmental issues.
- Ensure consultation and participation of workers at all applicable levels and functions regarding occupational health and safety.
- Reduce waste production and to ensure that the produced waste is handled and disposed in an environment – friendly manner.
- Save energy and natural resources through reuse and recycle, to purchase recycled materials and to use recycled packaging.
- Use energy in an efficient way throughout its operations.
- Protect its personnel and the social environment within which it operates, by adapting safe technologies and operational procedures.
- Communicate its commitment to protect the environment and the health and safety of its personnel, suppliers, clients and the wider social environment within which it operates.
- Protect the antiquities, the cultural heritage and the flora-fauna of the ecosystem, by adapting environment-friendly methods and technologies.
- Cooperate with Environmental Bodies and Services in terms of the protection of the environment.
- Continuously improve its Health, Safety and Environmental Management System.
- Top Level Management believes that the protection of the environment and the health and safety of its personnel concerns ALL of us and commits to implement every possible measure and procedure to mitigate and/or eliminate any relative negative impacts.
The Management of the Company believes and considers, that the Protection of the Environment and the Health & Safety of its employees, is the obligation of ALL and is committed to the implementation of every possible measure and procedure to minimize and / or eliminate the relevant negative consequences.